Today is December 17, 8 days until Christmas. Let's see how I am doing on my checklist
1. Wait until the last minute to start shopping for presents - crap, I bought some stuff online already. Although I plan on hitting the stores on the 23rd.
2. Wait until the last minute to figure out what's for dinner. - ah crap, already thought about having ham, because I have an entire freaking pig in my freezer (yes, seriously. I bought a whole pig). There's still time to change my mind though.
3. Put the tree up sometime before new year. DONE.
4. Decorate the tree sometime before Valentine's Day - pending. I am on schedule.
5. Don't send out christmas cards - DONE. I could care less about the christmas epistles from my family that I will get if I do send them out. If I don't send them cards for enough years in a row they stop sending them to me.
6. Track down the elusive version of "We Need A Little Christmas" that I heard on the radio a couple of years ago and don't know who sang it, and then download it onto my mp3 player. - Well, I bought the freaking GLEE christmas CD and they have quite a perky version of it on there. Not the same but it's annoying just the same. I wonder if Walmart music has the version I want for 67 cents.
7. Make those delicious sea salt carmels - DONE.
8. Make another batch of those delicious sea salt carmels to give to family and friends - working on it.
9. Don't eat the 2nd batch of those delicious sea salt carmels - I cannot make any promises. However, if I do I will need at least 10 more insulin shots.
10. Make my world famous egg nog - with vanilla vodka and bailey's. - Changing it around a little this year - vanilla AND carmel vodka with a hint of Hazlenut liquor. 3 dozen eggs are waiting in the fridge to be frothed up into this lovely concoction.